It better be true!


This, is what my Today's Fortune on O-rk-ut says. Yea yea I know I made a big deal about how useless these social networking sites are, and believe me they are. I was in touch with almost all my college friends and school friends anyway, but on a hi-bye basis. Most of them are married and settled here or abroad, and I hardly see them online (on my gtalk or yahoo messenger), so no marks for guessing how frequently we write to each other on o-rk-ut. They just say oh you finally signed up on o-rk-ut, why no kids yet (mere dost log bache the yeh sawaal poochne!), where you now - thats it. After that no more messages from them. Aur agar main bhejoon, then I get replies after a week or something. Looks like I'm the only one jobless and expecting that at least on this site friends'll respond and keep in touch. Nah. But my close friends (S, A, G and L) from college and me are still in touch over whatever means of communication we find. Rest were only through phone sometime, or through chat sometimes. Now, its become through o-rk-ut sometimes. Bas. Nevertheless, I signed up purely because I now have an option of keeping my profile, photos and videos private, unlike earlier. And if you haven't guessed already, the most interesting part for which I want to login to the site and have a good laugh is the "Today's fortune" part. Now, if o-rk-ut is really a genuine site, it better make all of those prophecies come true ;-)

My mom is still in touch with her 3 friends from school. No, she doesn't use o-rk-ut. Go figure!

2 Response to It better be true!

  1. its mine
    Today's fortune: The best prophet of the future is the past.
    :P
    see .. what i have seen, only very few friends are life time friends, rest of them are hi hello friend .. and we realize that after college, or like yr case, after marriage.
    Can u believe that i talk to only 3-4 friends only, used to have trillions .. OR it was same from college .. no one let me entered their group. I guess should forget past like that :P ..
    ..
    But its good place to increase your networking with catch up with old frnds and try to find gals :P:P

  2. You should try some of the communities on Orkut. That's where I spend my time!

    And you can never truly keep in touch with friends over the net, can you? At least not over scraps...