I'm putting drugs into my eye and also taking drugs orally. I hope this ordeal gets over quickly. Doc asks me to have patience. Patience gaya tel lene yaar yeh jhamela theek karo jaldi.

I tried baking cake last weekend. It was a little crumb-y in the middle :( I used microwave oven. Should've known. I even took photos for my food blog hoping it'd come out like it did when I had electric oven. Alas, I was reminded that I have miles to go in cooking. (If it gives you the impression that I pressurize myself, you are right. I also (conciously or otherwise) encourage others to do so. OCD?)

A girls' evening out is much needed. Really, things around me are stiffling.

I asked mom to bring the guitar along. I want to join classes again!

I also have power yoga on my mind.

Which means I'll end up doing neither... lets not get there!

Mom left for US. She's going to NYC, NC, MA, MI... phew! I met Narain Karthikeyan at the airport and he was so nice. Happily obliged for a photo with me!

I feel guilty about being superficial, at times. I mean, I can be a little superficial, isn't it? As long as I don't harm anyone... then why do I feel so? And its not that I feel like being a tyagi and heading to the Himalayas. Where do I draw the line?!

I checked my weight just now. 46 kg. Not bad eh? There was a phase, of years, where I stood at 43 no matter what I ate. Or didn't.

I am crving for some lip-smacking, bowl-licking, mushroom and spinach soup. I find cooking therapeutic. It does depend on my mood, but not just happy moods anymore. When I'm feeling a little blue, I start thinking cooking what can perk me up, and do it. That way, end of it, I have something quantifiable. Satisfying.

Sometimes I think all this crap about being happy no matter what, is a big fat load of shit. When I'm feeling sad/angry, first thing I do is accept it. Whats the big hue and cry? I'm not an angel. Who's to say what I can feel or not feel? you want me to think otherwise, convince me. Else, leave me alone I'll handle it. And I can't pretend something didn't happen, when it actually has. I can't pretend something didn't affect me, when it actually has, very deeply. I have every right to do things the way you do. Why should it be any different for me? And for what?

Phew. *breathe in, breathe out*

"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

3 Response to

  1. Goddy says:

    Happens.... Hota hai....

  2. Why should anyone be happy no matter what? I don't understand. One would have to be extremely stupid to continue being happy if something's happened to the concerned that affects the person deeply.

    That's just not human. And as you say, is a total load of crap.

    Why do you meet all these sport celebs? Lucky you :) Some people are just born with the knack of it, aren't they?

    Pataaye kya? Arhar kii dal tastes better than moong kii daal with paalak. Aur ek aur cheez bataoon? 46 kgs is too less. Yep. A lady should always be 50-55. Or that's what I heard.

    And what is wrong with your eyes?

  3. goddy,
    kahan gaayab ho gaye the? Bosnia? :)

    ramit,
    Yaar I don't meet them, they meet me :D meri mummy US jaa rahi thi; to unhe see off karne gaye the. Wahi airport pe mile Narain ji (wah wah kitna respect).
    Arhar ki dal? Hmm try karoongi. Ghar pe sirf masoor dal, toor dal, moong dal, chana dal tha; to wahi use kar li :)
    My eyes? Yaar shaadi pehle bahut aankh maari thi mere boyfriend (who is now my husband) ko... ab shaadi ho gayi to aankh maarna band ho gaya na, isiliye problem de raha hai (lol). This is what my father-in-law says about my eye problem! LOL! About the real problem, kisi aur din bataoongi, kyuki picture abhi baaki hai mere dost! And this comment is way too long now :)