Guess who's back!


Weekend was awesome. I had a neat hair cut, thankfully. The lady was amazing and did such a superb job I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and admiring my hair. Then again, when have I? ;-) She trimmed it just the right length, and cut a good length at my hairline, so now hair is on my forehead, short enough to not fit in my band whilst tied. Thats cool. The hubby got a hair cut too, a la Amir Khan in Ghajini (without the lines) or Langda Tyaagi in Omkara. Hubby looks dashing.

The hairdresser's had 2 dogs in the parlour. One, a big labrador called Daisy and another a sweet, all-covered-in-hair breed of dog. Didn't catch its name. The hairy one came to me just as I entered the place and looked so lovingly at me. Later, as I was waiting, the HUGE Daisy came and quietly sat at my legs. I was scared! Sure, they are gentle giants, but hwo's to say if they, God forbid, get so much as a mood swing? The lady quickly beckoned Daisy and off she went into a corner, and slept. I couldn't help but feel a little bad at suspecting the cutie's intentions.

Annnyway, after the hair cut, we went to City Center. Heaven for shoppers n eaters. With the help of this magical thing called 'Google Maps' on another magical thing called 'iPhone', we made our way to Zara. Now, its really difficult to find dresses my size. I'm size 6 (UK), petite section pls. So even if its 8 petite, it doesn't fit. So I went in praying they'd have clothes my size. And have they did! Lovely summery tops and dresses! I chose 5, and stepped in the trail room. Loved how each one of them looked on me. Then looked at the prize! Way too expensive for worth! The prettiest of all, a flowery printed smocked top, was 39£! And trust me, when I see a good one, I know it. This one, though oodles on cuteness scale, just didn't make the cut for me. The rest of them followed suit.

But not the one to give up easily, I vowed to shop. But after lunch break. Lunch was very "English". Jacket potatoes with cheese, beans and ratatouille as toppings. Hubby had the same with chicken curry, sweetcorn and beef chilli toppings. Mine was a hit, his, not so much.

Tummy full, we went shopping around. Bought a nice scarf from a Punjabi lady (they are everywhere!). She narrated her history to both of us, while I was checking out other stuff she had in her shop. Bad I know, but I'm not interested please! Nice to have met you, nice to see another Indian in Cambridge, but not interested in knowing that some relative of yours died in a freak electric fence accident! And of course not when you refused to give me a discount on the scarf!

Then we hopped to a chic store, and not just because they had a "50% Sale!". Their stuff really kicked arse! Very urban, very chic, very modern. Very me. So I bought 3 tops. Lovely lovely lovely! 2 bright and summery ones, one for club wear! The kid who owned the shop asked me, "Are you Indian?" I said, "Yea; so are you giving me a discount on these now?". The guy, God bless him, says, "Yes!". And he meant it! So he minussed 3£ (lousy I know, but the kid said he couldn't go any lower than that) from the total bill.

I was elated! My hair looks great, the tops are sexy and I feel good! Today, at work, I have nothing much to do. Tomorrow onwards, will be a busy day!

1 Response to Guess who's back!

  1. virdi says:

    "Can you give me 90p? I wan't to buy a bus ticket." What about that dude??

    Stay away from touts in City Centre in Cambridge !!!