Bored at work...


Sometimes it is just "mind-blasting", like Russell Peters says, to be at work. It is one of those days when it all about doing so much work, too much work, and getting very little done because you always have to wait on someone for something. Of course, if the work is not completed, you are screwed.

Not don't get me wrong, I love my work and all, no Monday morning blues ever experienced, but seriously, somedays, which is very very rare let me add - it gets all overwhelming! I mean come on, there's only so much pressure my dainty, well-sculpted shoulders can take! And if such days have the misfortune to be on Thursdays, then woe is me! I can't even do justice to the best of my ability to put my 100% in! Allow me to explain - that's because I fast (I typed "fat" hehehe) on Thursdays. I eat only fruits, no proper breakfast/lunch. Breakfast is tea, lunch is usually fruits, though I am allowed to eat 'poha'. But the said poha has only jeera tadka (cumin seeds tempering) and green peas - which is not as appetising as the rightly-made version - with kari patta, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and more which I don't want to write for the very-possible possibility of drooling all over my keyboard.

And it so happens that its only on Thursdays, I crave for food! Even if I eat fruits to my stomach's content. You can never eat fruits to your heart's content. Well, it holds true at least for me. I crave for spicy chaat, hot samosas, pakode, Mediterranean, and lasagna - in that order. On other days, when I can eat whatever I wish, I eat biscuits and its back to work. No craving whatsoever. Weird mind huh!

So it happens that today its one of those days I wrote about at the start, plus its a Thursday - so you can imagine my plight. I am craving mad for spicy bhel and pani puris. And its only 4 PM. Another 90 mins before I head home. But you know what? I'm taking an off tomorrow to catch up on sleep (what? its mid-autumn already!) and then hop on a train to London to see a family and some friends. Weekend looks promising.

Now only if I could eat some scrumptious spicy chaat this weekend, it'd be perfect.

Oh wait actually I am! I will be going to Southall and so have already made plans to gorge on chaat till my eyes are bloodshot red and my nose runs like a river during floods! Weekend is definitely going to be promising!

2 Response to Bored at work...

  1. virdi says:

    don't think what you are doing today, think of what you are going to do on Saturday...

  2. lol .. y do u fat ... ,i mean, fast on thursday ??

    southall .. i guess there's some famous gurdwara or something .. :-/