Time for whiling it away!


I dont feel like starting work right away; so I'll write something here. Today, I will tell you about my office, and my co-workers.

My office is awesome. Its a telecom giant, and its a Fortune 14 company. Take that you losers! The policies are good, and work just makes me happy. There's never been a day that I've felt, "ugh, I dont wanna go there today" about my office. I might say that when I'm worn out, but never because the workplace is bad.

Next, my co-workers. My manager has to be the first to be mentioned here. He's upbeat, motivating, talks a lot, and gives lot of gyaan whether or not you have time and ear for it. Philosophy is his cup of tea. His favourite joke/quote/whatever-you-say-it-is is, "Americans spent billions of dollars trying to invent a pen so that astronauts can use it in space. Later, they found that Russians, used a pencil for the same." Geez. He says this every single time in meetings or even when you go to his cabin for a one-on-one chat. Another thing he says frequently is, "This is not a mechanical job guys; its IT (newsflash for us, we didnt know that!). We need to be logical here, its not like you put the nuts and bolts at the designated places and the machine comes alive. That doesnt happen in IT guy. Think! Think hard and think better!" Oooookay!

My acutal TL - Well, she's mahaan. She's done her PG in USA and though is a pukka Indian, has got a strong American accent. Her favourite phrase is, "What sorry?", as in, "Come again", or "Pardon me". And her "what sorry" comes once every 15 seconds when you are talking to her, even at the cost of interrupting you! Argh. This really honhaar guy from one of the teams she manages has just entered the office, and she goes, "Oh great you are here! Check your email, we have lots of work for you today!" at the top of her voice. This, from a "team leader" who comes in at 12.30 PM at the earliest. Wow, some people just get away with that accent of theirs dont they.

My teammate-who-is-the-deserving-TL - Yea he's a hardworker alright. He can get on your nerves, but that cuz he's moody. Really moody. Oher than that, he's a good chap. Works hard and does what needs to be done to get the job done. He does the delegating work part, talking to our team in US part, and stuff like putting all the infrastructure together when we need something, et al. He has an the knowledge of our product, inside out. He has a solution for almost everything, and his favourite phrase is, "I like it". His dream (or, let me say one of his dreams) is about to come true later this month. And we all re happy for him :)

My other team-mate - Big time sports enthu guy. Quick learner. Kid. Pulls a chair for me, offers me what he's eating, and is polite. Makes him quite nice.

Rasna Girl - So called cuz she shakes her body (mainly shoulders) all the while when talking to someone. Makes her look stupid, really. Not to mention dumb. And non-serious. And pretty darn idiotic. And that grin on her face doesnt help. Tch tch. Kept insisting to a guy once to let her have a puff off of his cigarette, cuz she "wants to try every bad thing just once in life". He wouldnt let go of his 2.5 inch fair lady even for a sec. Yea, I can imagine too how a girl constantly moving like a pendulum would look with a cigarette in her hands. Totally uncool.

Curtain Girl - So called cuz almost all her dresses seem like they are made out of curtains. BIG, HUGE, FLOWY DESIGNS. Uh oh. Hair unkempt always. Uh oh. Loud voice. That figures. *sigh*

iGuy - He's got a fixation with "i", as in iPod, iGoogle - you get the picture. IS very very techie, but fiercely guards his private life. All you hear from him is the Wi-Fi in his home, LOST series on Star World, latest softwares, gadgets, and the like. Keeps forcefully asking for "treat" for just about anything. oye us din ka pizza mat bhool! aur ab teri baari hai! He gets [insert-name-of-this-lame-sorry-ass-city] attacks - main yaha kya kar raha hoon yaar? achha khaasa tha udhar, pata nahi kya sochke aaya. ab bas ek saal... sirf ek saal, dekh lena. And if he's reading this, I would like to remind him of the weekend his cousin and her friends had come over. Time for an attack! :D


Quiet guy1, Quiet guy 2, quiet guy 3 - all hardworking, and pleasant and nice to have as colleagues. Bhagwaan us sab ka bhala kare :)

The others - All seem like they are a mass product from the same factory. Nothing new about them. Nothing that makes them mentionable.**

My friends from office - All are nice except one. The cocky girl is, well, cocky. Attitude. Ask me about what, and I fail to answer that one. She's bad at everything. From yoga to cooking, you name it and she cuts a sorry figure. The other friends in that group are nice. Kind, never the ones to hurt anyone. But they are like frogs in a well - they dont know (and neither do they care to) about what happening apart from work life and home life. Yea, its either the 4 walls of office for them, or 4 walls of their homes. Nothing else.

And there's this girl who is a pile of genetic waste. She's not from my office. Nonetheless, she's just what I said.

Oookay! Long one! Gotto get back to work.

Next time, people I wish I hadnt known. (that would be some list!)

3 Response to Time for whiling it away!

  1. This post is so nice and natural. Flawless description.

    In appreciation I can just say few lines "I know the post is copy-righted, but can I have a souvenior/memento of this post?" ... I'm loving it :)

  2. Yunki... befizool baatein karne ki aadat to hume hai nahi... lekin haan ye zaroor kahoongi ki itni prashansa ke kaabil nahi hai... lekin, hum badon ki baat bhi nahi taalte, isliye hum ye prashansa accept kar lete hai


    ;)

  3. S* says:

    OK, I cannot figure out for the life of me where you live. Please tell?