Hmm... so what do we have here?


My TL left for a 2-month stay in US (work-related). Lucky him. I think its just awesome to be able to go to another country, experience another lifestyle, work environment, meeting people of diverse cultures, ethnicity, getting to know how business (and also normal life) is conducted over in that place. Plus all the sight-seeing and travelling surely are welcome! I've always believed that being widely travelled, and knowing other cultures and other things I've mentioned above, adds to your personality. One grows as a person, is more tolerant to different views, is able to appreciate why one man's mannerisms are so, etc.

Having said that, its quite a wonder (or, shock) that I've never been outside of India. I was born here, studied here, and have been working here from the past 5 years. Phew. I'd love to go out, explore new places. Well, if I had my way (and not an engineering degree), then I'd be travelling for a living :D like the hosts/presenters on Discovery's Travel and Living do. All (it seems) they do are go new places, explore the places to see, the food culture, et. al. Wonderful thing to do for a living no? :)

I'm here with nothing particular to say. I've got no work today so I was browsing through reuters.com. There's news articles about iPhone (of course), Harry Potter fans in frenzy at the movie premiere in Japan, and some "oddly enough" news about some convicted man tying his electronic monitor to his dog and fleeing away and 2 teenaged girls who left photos behind after mugging another girl. How dumb. Nothing new happening in the world. Its the same old news. Oh yea, I read about a bomb defused in London. Blast the terrorists, when will they ever learn? Well I guess not until we have Bushs', Saddams, Osamas and Advanis in the picture.

Reminds me, I'm going to watch a documentary on global warming tonight, "An Inconvenient Truth".

One of the things I've always wanted to do is learn a foreign language. Umm well probably every language is "foreign" to someone, and I mean a language that hasnt originated here. (I know 5 already). I want to learn Spanish and/or French. I'd really prefer Spanish though. That way I'll know whats Shakira singing ;) I enquired a couple of places around and though the fees isnt an issue, the timings is. Sat evenings and sunday mornings, for 3 months. I'd rather have it saturday and sunday mornings. Also, I want the class to be more interesting that just a place when I go to learn. I want a class of talkitives, enthusiasts, and people who are fun to be with. Not like I go there and everyone just buried their heads into books and leaves without a word when done. That'd be totally uncool. But, there are chances of that happening more than not. So, am in a fix. Should I go fulfil my passion of learning a new language or should I throw away the idea thinking about what kind of people 'might' be in the class with me *sigh*

Tell me what to do! I so, so so badly want to take up the classes.

Life's going the same way, not much change. I mean, there is, but I'm looking forward to a change in environment when we go for our honeymoon next month. A much welcome break from wake up-cook-bathe-eat-work-eat-work-back home-tv-time with hubby-sleep routine. I need to shop for a few things for the vacation, lets see how I can make up for the time needed next week.

Thats all; I better leave before I make this post an epic :D

3 Response to Hmm... so what do we have here?

  1. Nowz the time for real blogging....Report something from the field..Blog experince, pics, incidents, lunch, dinner, pristine-clear-water all from the field...See if you can...andit will be exciting for me to read here...
    Yeah...as for Spanish...even I too want to learn somethng...Let me too check out...

  2. Goddy says:

    Can I have info for those classes.. I have a desire to learn foreign languages.Mandarin / Portugese are top of my list

  3. S* says:

    I'd say get out and travel, especially while you're young and don't have too many responsibilities. That's what youth is for!