Weekend was so good; I bought lovely chappal footwear from Mochi, bought an ubercool top from Levis, AND met Shivendra Singh, Ignace Tirkey and Raghunath at the Adidas shop! I spoke to them for a while, and wished them good luck for the upcoming matches. I didn't take their autograph or photo, cuz I have them already! I have almost everybody's autograph from the men's hockey team**, I have photos with them, plus a beautiful bouquet that Prabhjot Singh gave me. So I'm pretty cool around them. Next time, I'll invite them for lunch/dinner ghar pe. (I can almost picture it - "Maine yaha ke sabhi matches dekhe hai; PHL, Asia Cup, sab. Main to bahut avid fan hoon ji hockey ki :D Aap kabhi hamare ghar aayiye na khaane pe... aaj kaisa rahega? Nahi? Ok ji phir kal?" LOL)

I also started by German classes. Ich heisse [my name], ich komme aus Indien!

Yesterday V called from London. Its good to know that someone who you haven't met since 2004, still thinks of you as a close friend :-) though we worked together for only a year, we had a lot of fun. Working at that call center for 6 months was bad, but it did introduce me to some of my good friends. I caught him on Yahoo! and then he took my number and called me immediately. Saala he's put on a firang accent and says "bloke" and "lad". I see the Brits have done their job. We remenised about the times when we worked together. Me, him, Sania, Sachin, Ninoshka, Sanoska, Sam Gupta - with our trainer Jamshed (we used to persuade him to get married soon so that we could eat free Parsi food, he was a "good bloke, eh"), Sandeep (arrogant and swinged the other way) and Allen (he called himself Big Al - cuz of his size).

He recalled the time I fought with this optician cuz he delayed the delivery of V's specs. V called me and told, "Yaar usne mera specs abhi tak nahi lautaaya! Kya karoon?" I said, "Main uski khabar leti hu" and in my usual style went and blasted him. We got the specs right then and there! V you owe our eyesight to me man! And the time when a few of us didn't get our first month salary (I still don't know why) but we were promised that next month we'd get both salaries. I demanded to get my sal. I went to Finance and said, "I work odd hours, I hardly sleep, I have no social life and now you tell me I got no money?!! You better be joking!!" Hahahahaha.. looking back, those days were so much fun :-)

Oh, and V told me a secret about himself. I hadn't heard one in a long time; knowing that you know something about someone*** that he/she prefers it to be privy, gives me license to indulge in mean acts ;-) like blackmail V that I'll leak his secret. But he's not the type who'll buy it. He'll say, "ok jaa bataa de, tum mera kaam asaan karogi". No fun in that :-l
Jokes apart, I have a patient ear, and neither ear has a hole. Jaise elders tell, "is kaan se sunke us kaan se nikaal do", I can't nikaalo from either of my kaans. So V, your secret is safe with moi. He's going to Paris with his love for Valentine's celebrations! Sorry I couldn't keep quiet about this one V! (ab mera pet theek lag raha hai phew!)

I also watched The Golden Compass over the weekend. Good movie, its got that Narnia feel. But you'll be left wanting to know more at the end of the movie, so be patient and wait for part 2, and 3.

** - also from the Indian cricket team /:)
*** - means "friends" only.

3 Response to

  1. Hey, Thanks for your comment. Lucky you meeting famous people.
    Great blog.

  2. I have never even come close to any sports person apart from the Indian Women cricket team. Lucky lucky you.

    I love meeting old friends. The feeling of nostalgia and the memories that come flooding back into your minds. Of course, it helps if the memories are sweet...

  3. Kriti says:

    I didn't get to watch the Golden Compass, even though I really like the book :( But in any case, people were going on about how Daniel Craig hardly had a role...but anyone who'd read the novel probably knew that Lord Asriel doesnt really do much at this stage..