Rickshaw Run 2008


This morning on my way to work, I saw this black auto decorted with flowers. It looked different among the sea of yellow-black autos, so I decided to peek in from my auto. I was surprised to see some non-Indian driving it! Plus there were 2 more sitting on the passenger seat, complete with luggage and all. What the hell, I thought and looked closely.

I saw posters of Rickshaw Run 2008 and WAYN (Where Are You Now). I thought I'll come to work and look them up on the net. Here's their website - "Why Not?? Rickshaw Run 2008". They call themselves "Why Not?" and "they" is made up of 3 guys - Stuart Darnley, Jeff Johnson and Scott Sveiven. Further reading the website, I saw that they are gonna cover some 3200 kms from Cochin through Nepal, and will raise money for charity through this. Check the charity page on their site. More about this here - The Rickshaw Run.

Hehe see their pic with the rickshaw



Personally, I think its just great to embark upon an adventure like this; have fun, explore new places, and all this for a noble cause!

1 Response to Rickshaw Run 2008

  1. Goddy says:

    Good stuff........ You do work a lot .. eh??

    just for the record... if you embark on such a trip... count me in... hehehe