I'm back!


I wish I could take up writing for a living. Not that I'd make a great one; I know that already thank you. But it'd be simply amazing to wake up early in the mornings knowing that you won't have to rush through it, make a nice cup of tea, sit by the balcony and idly sip the tea... carelessly... schedules and deadlines be damned.

I don't have much to do at work, which is surprisingly not welcome; I'd much rather work than not, though I feel otherwise when I actually have some work to do... I re-read my last sentence and boy! Talk about contradicting myself in seconds! Anyway, I want to be busy. Wake up, feel great about the day, come to work, immerse myself in it, and while I'm at it loving every minute of it, and head home after 8 hours. It pretty good upto the part when I come to office. Its slow after that.

I've made new friends at work, and they are nice. Not as much as my earlier friends, but still I like them. It makes my day at office much easier :-) And thats always welcome isn't it?

Tomorrow I'm volunteering to be a scribe for a visually challenged girl. She's got exams and while she dictates to me, I'll write. It is during workhours; I figured I'll stay back late and make up for it. I mean, if the girl can be so brave though she can't see that she agrees to take up exams (and not just learn to sew or weave baskets), then I (we) as fully grown, mature adults could do this at the very least. After all, its nice to help.

If I sound like Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes in my above para, its because I am! What did you think?!

I have so many dreams, so many things I want to accomplish, I feel like time is running out for me. Y'know... I've got so many ideas, but it seems like eternity waiting for something. And the thought that I'll never be 26 again, is scary enough. When I think of it that way, I feel like oh-my-God-I'm-still-way-behind. I mean, its just all overwhelming for me at times. It feels like... pressure... yea thats the word.

Strange... I thought in comparison to my peers and friends I was okay... but it never seems enough for me. A case of "I'm my own worst enemy", you think?

I don't know; thinking about it makes me even more tensed.

Anyway, I hope to get some things done before I go on my Diwali vacation, and once I come back, hopefully there'll be some clarity in my head.

Other than that, everything's fine :-)

1 Response to I'm back!

  1. Goddy says:

    Yeah , I know........ we normally hate the phase that we are in currently while feeling nostalgic about the phase gone by, and the same continues for eternity.

    did you change jobs, cause you talk about making new friends and remember your old friends.

    You are Goody-2-shoes, Boss... that requires courage to help someone, not everyone has the spleen's to do it.... I for one, would love to but have never.

    Carry on the good work.