Now that I've changed the blog look yet another time, its time for another post. I came to office at 10.30 AM, really late I know. But I don't have any work to do as of now, apart from reading pdfs...

Don't make me think. My head's so screwed up. Sometimes I go whoa my life's going at such a fast pace! Other times I'm thinking, I'm 26, where am I?? I don't know myself. My career is at such a standstill. It seems so to me. I moved from one dept. to another in office, and it seems like a good move. In fact, it IS a good move. But like I said, right now, I'm a rookie and it might be a while before I become good at the work they do. Most of my college friends have been all around the world due to work reasons, and for some reason, I haven't been abroad at all. I've worked on niche tech, products, still I don't know where am I or how good am I when compared to the others or when will I really be a go-getter in my team. I've always moved around in India and that hasn't helped my career at all. I'm working hard, I've worked hard before... but still, I'm at a standstill. I've made this decision of not quitting the telecom domain whenever I change jobs, in hope that I'll be a domain expert which'll help me in my career. But it hasn't. I work and I work and I work, but I'm stuck like glue. I have this craving to move up and give presentations, be involved in team meetings, make people stand up and take notice, and try hard as I may, I haven't the slightest clue whats wrong. I want to move out, I want to work, have agenda, weekly meetings (at least), do something substantial at the end of the day.

I was among the top 5 in my class. The not-so-smart bunch in my class have all been abroad (either cuz they're married to guys living outside of India or cuz of jobs (guys) ); and my friends ask me when are you planning, whats your next move, how come you are still here? And I have no answer for that. Makes me feel like a total loser. Its not just about going outside India, its also about doing something good at work that makes your boss take note of you and think you are capable enough of going abroad and doing something for the co. I want to be taken seriously by everyone and be entrusted with responsibilities. I want to work; I want to WORK! Why are projects always scarce in the team that I am in?? In whatever team I am in?? I feel like a failure when it comes to my career. There, I said it. And I'm ashamed to say at 26 I'm nowhere in my work life.

Where the hell have I gone wrong? Where???!!??!! I'm so frustrated. I'm so angry with myself. I'm so angry with myself and my stupid decisions. I really wish things look up at work. I try hard to stay positive and look forward to everyday at work, but its hard, its not easy as it seems. I need to see results, I need to see that I'm going somewhere.

2 Response to

  1. Oh, my goodness. I can definitely relate to this entry. I felt the same way at my first job, which was a very dead-end enterprise. All my friends and acquaintances were (and still are) traveling the world, writing home with interesting stories and sending crazy pictures. Things just never worked out for me, which is why I'm in law school now. People think I'm actually going somewhere in life because I'm a law student, but they don't know that I went back to school precisely because I had nowhere else to go. But I still hope that one day things will work out and I will have the job I want in the field I want and that I'll be able to travel regularly. Even if it doesn't happen, I'm going to keep working on it. I know that this isn't exactly the most uplifting comment, but my point is that you shouldn't give up yet!

  2. Goddy says:

    Rang De Basanti

    If you say such things at 26 , think about me at 29

    Boss.... I don't know........ but even I get those jitters at a strech.....when I get to learn from my friend in Glasgow, that he has purchased a brand new Car.... etc

    You know what am I trying to say...... The feeling says........ God .. When will I be able to buy a House, a Car in Mumbai- Forget Glasgow.....

    God .......... Help me........... puleez