I really, really dont want to say this; but I have to.


I have seldom come across a person who doesnt like Amitabh Bachchan. In fact, I wouldnt want to trivialise his popularity by linking him to some article in wiki about him. I wont do that; cuz he's famous. He's adored by everyone. He started from ground zero and look where he is now.

He rocked the 70s (VERY important note: I wasnt born then) with his chequered pants, wide collared shirts and that awesome sideburn. He wooed women with his voice, with his awesome hair. He started a style mantra by merely tying his shirt into a knot because the shirt tore just before shooting started. The next day whole of Bombay had people tie up their shirt into knots!

His style of "hain", and "vijay deenanath chauhan" still make people whistle. KBC, inspite of no new format, survived simply on his charisma.

And who can forget the outfit he wore for the song "Saara Zamaana" in the movie "Yaarana"? It was a RAGE! Lightbulbs flashing as he moved to RD Burman's famous song...

I can go on and on about him... yet it would not suffice.

But...


see the pic below. Did he really have to do this? Ohmygoodgodwhatwashethinking?!!



Its a pic from his latest movie - Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.

OK - on the topic of the pic - first of all, what the heck?! As if his ad campaings were not enough, this came up! And pray, why do people (by people I mean, the film crew) say he's looking like Jack Sparrow - oops - I mean, Captain Jack Sparrow in that ridiculous outfit above? He's not even CLOSE! He's just the epitome of faux pau in that pic above. Even the girl in the pic (behind) seems to think so.

As a fan, I'd like to say to him - "please, aisa mat kijiye... apne image ke baare mein na sahi, apne fans ke dil mein jo aapka image hai uske baare mein to sochiye..."


PS: Am going to watch Cheeni Kum tonight... mmm should be a "sweet" movie ;)

2 Response to I really, really dont want to say this; but I have to.

  1. Atleast he is not TYPECAST like serial kissers,anti-heroes, crying Sharukhs, bare torso Salmans,or nosy Himeshs.,...I guess he is trying to be what an actor should be VERSATILE....guess even Captain Jack Sparrow is same...Hve u seen Sleepy Hollow?

  2. Just Jane says:

    In that pic he looks like an ostrich with a HAIN expression on his face! :D

    I think its ok for an actor to do the absurd every once in a while, for him its a change from routine and for fans, a departure from the norm. And for the sake of creativity (or stupidity as the case may be), sab chalta hai! :)