:-(



I am :-(

One of my best friends from college, G, broke up with his girl, S. I know G since 7 years now; he's a confused guy. Well, the fact that he's a guy implies that he is confused. He used to go around with this girl H from college, who was a major slut (plunging necklines and short hemlines and all that). Even his enemies in college had asked him to sty away from her. Needless to say, the desire of forbidden fruit got on to him and he would not listen to us, or his enemies. Then, H flunked in so many subjects that she had to stay back in the same class for another year. End of college, he began to see her true colors, but still did not break up with her. He couldnt get a job soon after college, and thats when his childhood friend S became his pillar of strength. He then knew what was love. He broke up with H and was a changed guy. He worked at a call center, earned money and went to Australia for his higher studies. Gifts flew from India to Aus, the telephone companies werent complaining and the lovebirds were happy. I met S and thought she was just perfect for G. He also gave her a surprise visit on her birthday (yes, he came all the way from Australia!).

Then all of a sudden, S tells me they broke up. For what reason? G thinks his parents cant adjust to her and vice versa. And many other similar dumb reasons. I tried reasoning with him - doesnt work. He's a guy and he's stubborn. He's stupid. And looking at S it makes me all the more sad. Heartbreak can be really be a killer.

Love neednt be so hard, really.

1 Response to :-(

  1. S* says:

    As I've gotten older I realize that it is really important to most men that their partner get along with their family. It's nice to say, hey who gives a f*ck if my family likes you or not, but it does matter in the long run.