(still counting) reasons why Ice Age totally rocks!


I've watched it so many times I've almost by-hearted the dialogues! I watch it every single night, yes you heard it, every single night on my ipod. At least my fav scenes, which mainly bogs down to the whole movie sometimes, if you may :D

I mean, seriously, look at the cute characters and tell me how would you not like it so darn much. SO darn much...

Sid the sloth - he's so funny and adorable I want to adopt him!




Manford a.k.a Manny - the fur-covered mammoth who is very moody, but really kind :)




Diego - the tiger who is saber-toothed (makes him so scary brrr), one who stands up for his "herd" and saves their lives (awww)




Scrat - this squirrel has some perseverance!




Some of my favourite dialogues are -

Scene - When Manny decides to help Sid return the baby to its "herd" (cute)
Manny - Okay okay I'll help you return the baby to its herd, but promise me you'll leave me alone after that.
Sid - Okay okay hey whats your problem?
Manny - You are my problem.
Sid - I mean, look at you, you are all fat. Its hard to get so fat on all that vegan diet.
Manny - I am not fat thats just fur.
Sid - Okay you have a problem when you are ready to talk about it, let me know!


Scene - When Diego tells them they need to track humans before they make it glacier past
Diego - ... unless you know how to track.
Sid - Hey I'm a sloth! I see a tree, eat the leaves thats my tracking (you should see the expression on his cute face!)


Scene - Soon after Diego joins them to help track the humans, and the baby is crying
Manny - How about some milk?
Sid - Yea I'd love some!
Diego - Not you, he was talking about the baby.
Sid (to Diego) - Hey I aint exactly lactating right now pal!
Diego - You are a little low in the food chain to be moppin' off!


Scene - When the two hippos run to catch Sid, and he runs for life and comes to Diego
Sid - Oh Diego! Thank God! (shouting aloud so that the hippos can hear) Oh nooooo!! A ta-hai-gerrrr! Hellllph! Helllph!
Diego - What are you doing?
Sid - Quick, grab me!
Diego - What?
Sid - (again shouting aloud) Oh nooooooooo he got me! Ack!
Sid sees the hippos approaching closer and kicks the tiger in the rear. Diego roars and grabs the sloth by his mouth (lol). The hippos grumble a bit and go away, in comes Manny.
Manny - ... and Diego, spit that thing out, you dont know where its been.
Diego spits Sid out.
Sid - Oh, for a minute I thought you were actually gonna eat me.
Diego (with an attitude only tigers can have) - I dont eat junk food.


Scene - When the trio ask Scrat the squirrel for directions.
Manny - Ask him directions.
Scrat proceeds to start a game of dumb charades to tell the directions!
Sid - O O O O I love this game I love this game... 3 words... first word... stomp...
Manny - Pack!
Sid - Good one Manny!
Sid - Pack of lies, pack of troubles... pack of flying fish!!!
Has me in splits every single time! :))


Scene - In the night after Manny saves Sid's and Diego's lives. Sid lights fire and...
Sid - I am a genius! mmmmmmuuaaahhh!
Sid - From now on you refer to me as "Sid - Lord of the Flames!"
Manny - Hey Lord of the Flames, you tail's on fire.
Diego helps Sid put it out and...
Sid - Thanks :D From now on I'll call you Diego...
Diego - Lord of Touch-Me--And-You-Are-Dead.
Sid - (scared) Uhhh

And then, sane scene, after Manny's asleep...
Sid - You know, Diego, I've never had a friend who'd risk his life for me.
Diego - Yea... Manny's a... he's a good guy.


I can go on, but... here are some more dialogues said at some point in movie. Aint in random order :)
Sid - C'mon you can lick this, you are a tiger!
Manny - Thats what you do in a herd, you look out for each other.
Diego - Save your breath Sid, you know humans cant talk.

Priceless!! I totally love the movie!
And I'll be watching it again tonight *so excited!*

1 Response to (still counting) reasons why Ice Age totally rocks!

  1. Kiran says:

    A Gem! Thats what I call the movie. Ive watched it dozens of times too. And dont mind watching it another dozen times!