Aaaaachoo!


I got off work early yesterday thanks to my running nose. Its so ironic - you "catch" a cold and your nose starts "running". The deal is, I thought I'll go home to get some much needed rest *cough*stitch*cough*. So I got home, took a glass of warm milk with Ensure, applied Vicks and went to slumberland.

The cook rang the doorbell and woke me up at 5 PM, and I had some watery-noodles. Watched the one-thousand-hundred-billionth rerun of FRIENDS and Full House back to back (yea how sloppy, I know :D ), then E! News (I'm a sucker for Hollywood gossip!) and welcomed hubby at 8 PM. We had our dinner real quick and went to watch 300! I wasnt upto the mark to watch a movie, but the tickets were booked early this week, so we couldnt cancel.


(Image courtesy - Wikipedia)

And boy, I'm glad we didnt. The movie is amazing. Gory yes, but amazing too. Its a story about 300 brave Spartans led by their king Leonidas, taking on a giant army of Persians, because the Spartans do not kneel down to slavery. Its about The Battle of Thermopylae fought in 480 BC. I was left gaping at their bravery, their dastardly acts to kill the enemy on the battlefield (I almost threw up once). When the Persian king Xerxes (who, in the movie, looked absolutely gay with his eyebrows drawn with a thick eyeliner pencil) asks Leonidas and his men to surrender their arms, he replies, "Come and get them." My, thats brave! Its a must-watch movie!

About the cold, its gettin better. Not the cold, I mean me. Common cold, I read on Wiki, is caused by a variety of viruses. And there's no proven cure for it. My, for something thats "common", there's no cure in the world!

2 Response to Aaaaachoo!

  1. S* says:

    I love 300 too. We were going to see it in IMAX but it was sold out. It's a wonderfully heroic tale and it is bloody but not in an overly gross gory way.

  2. Goddy says:

    I would love to watch 300, loved the trailor though- Gory, ah!! I can take it. :)