Houston we got a problem


Check can the control room hear me? Check! Its an emergency! Au secours!! Houston we got a problem.

Me and hubby have a tussle over an issue every night. Yes every night. Every. Single. Night. No matter what we do, how much ever effort we put into knowing each other better, no matter how much we are in love with each other - we just cant stop this happening every night. Night after night, tussle over same issue.

Issue is: WHO WILL SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS TONIGHT?????

NOT me. No way. My hubby says the same.

One night -
Me: I did it last night; its your turn today.
Hubby: No dear, it was me who did it last night. You do it now.
Me: No, I wont. I'm already asleep. G'nite liar!
Hubby: So am I *fake snoring sound*

Another night -
Me: Dear, will you switch off the lights please? I've just put eye drops; and I cant open my eyes aaah *fake pain sound*
Hubby: *fake snoring sound*
Me: #$%^&@#

Some nights I try to get the better of him. Next night -
Me: Tonight your tricks wont work. I'm asleep *fake snoring sound*
Hubby: Time for new rule! Whoever asks the other to switch off the light will be the one to do it instead.
*menacing but cute glance at me* so tell me dear, do you want me to switch off the lights?
Me: #$%^&@# your new rule.
Hubby: You didnt answer honey *evil grin* do you want me to switch off the lights?

Yet another next night -
Me (thinking he'll ask me that silly question): I'm not saying anything tonight.
*I pull my blanket and go to pretend sleep ;-) *
Hubby: I was saying whoever pulls his blanket over last will have to switch off the lights.
(He was on the bed before me, so again its my turn. Grr the "rules" he comes up with! totally kiddish!)
Me: Fine.
*so saying I pull his blanket away* Gotcha! YOUR turn mister!

HA! Rules are meant to be broken, and in this case, I also get extra doses of kisses and *ahem* all that. Its so much fun, then we end up cuddling and tickling and laughing.

Control room hello control room? Problem resolved problem resolved. Avorter le plan !


PS: Je ne parle pas français.

3 Response to Houston we got a problem

  1. Next time call ISRO....Be Indian, Call Indian.....
    ISRO hamra, ek peeroblem hui gawa ! :)

  2. S* says:

    Get one of those "Clappers" that they made in the early 90s. That way no one will have to get up.

  3. Goddy says:

    Please continue your sweet fights... just keep quarrelling.. for the sweet nothings.........

    No Houston, No Isro.... keep the good life..