I want to be a part of it!


I was hovering around Wikipedia today, when I decided to search for "Hobbies". My memory fails me when I try and think of a single one that i might have cultivated over the years. Mainly, its been reading. And now, I am so craving for some 'creative satisfaction', that I long to have a hobby that can give my just that. See the excerpt from Wikipedia/Hobbies:


Hobbies are practised for interest and enjoyment, rather than financial reward. Examples include collecting, creative and artistic pursuits, making, tinkering, sports and adult education. Engaging in a hobby can lead to acquiring substantial skill, knowledge, and experience. However, personal fulfillment is the aim.

What are hobbies for some people are professions for others: a game tester may enjoy cooking as a hobby, while a professional chef might enjoy playing (and helping to debug) computer games. Generally speaking, the person who does something for fun, not remuneration, is called an amateur (or hobbyist), as distinct from a professional.


And the number of them baffles me! I have been toying with the idea of taking up knitting, but I am not getting the push from within. Something keeps telling me that I'll fail miserably at it :(

I want to take up knitting!! How do I start? No friends of mine does it (who can teach me the basics, they are all such nerds sweethearts), mom says its been ages she's done it and is not sure if she remembers it, online tutorials are just not the same, the books are way too expensive. (Am I just making up excuses?) I think latter is the way to go to fulfil this craving of mine. I might just do it! Even embroidery on clothes; I can start with handkerchieves and then... who knows! :D I really really want to do this!

Creative satisfaction here I come!

3 Response to I want to be a part of it!

  1. Ok - where are you? There are bound to be Yarn stores around - local ones have classes - large chains even have classes. You can take knitting classes at the Y sometimes. work with me here - I need a little more info!

  2. By the way - I LOVE your name!

  3. No comments...I don't know knitting.
    But I am a very good cook *Burp knows it*